- A discussion with the artist to determine the number of subjects to be painted, size, media, price and other details begin the process. Once you have made the decision to commission a portrait, an agreement is prepared. This agreement will specify the above mentioned details. Upon signing, a deposit of 50% is required. Decisions of clothing/costume, background, mood, etc... are made. A photo session with the artist is scheduled.
- The photo session usually takes around two hours. A meeting to review the photos with you is scheduled at this time.
- A preliminary sketch is created for you to review. After approval of the sketch, the final painting is started.
- A sitting for a color study is scheduled so that a quick color study can be made. This is not a sitting to capture a likeness --- but to record skin tone, hair and eye colors on a small canvas for correct color reference . Two hours approximately.
- The painting is underway. Your portrait will be worked on daily until completed. Your may schedule an appointment to come view the work in progress.
- Upon completion the painting is reviewed by you. Upon approval, the final 50% is due.
Allow time for an oil portrait. this work of art can take anywhere from two months to 6 months or more depending upon number of subjects to be painted, complexity and size of painting. In the case of a larger, more time-consuming piece, you may schedule a visit to see how the painting is progressing.